10.05.2011

A Fine Fall Day

I've never been one to ask much from my birthdays.  I don't need special surprises or extraordinary events, just a nice day sprinkled with a few festive touches and I'm happy. 

Today is shaping up to be one of those simple and festive birthdays and I'm loving it.   After waking from 9 hours (!) of sleep, I started the day with these pumpkin pancakes (I followed Amanda's adjustments and added a few* of my own) and then left to pick apples with Leif's preschool class.  The sun was shining, the air was crisp and cool and we spent our morning enjoying fresh apples, donuts and cider at the Apple Station.







Locals might like to know that the Apple Station opened an attached winery in September.  I didn't sample any wines this morning, but it sounds like anyone who likes their wines fruity and sweet will especially love what they have to offer (think: apple blends and even one with blueberry).




Leif loved feeding the animals.  I know the sheep, but we were all wondering, is this an alpaca?




Now I'm off to tidy up the house in preparation for tonight's birthday dinner (don't worry, I'm not cooking that one).  Cheers! 

*I swapped the sour cream for plain, full fat yogurt and topped them with cream cheese, apple slices, toasted almonds and maple syrup.  YUM!  

3 comments:

  1. yum! i wish i could top mine with toasted almonds!!! having a kid with nut allergies can be a real downer to this nut lover.

    happy happy birthday! sounds like a great day, low key, full of family and love - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Alyssa, I love your page! And such AMAZING pictures. Sounds like a yummy recipe, I'm going to try it out as soon as I have all the RIGHT ingredients!! (Wayne hates it when I improvise...) Have a great "rest of your" birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alyssa it sounds like you had a fabulous birthday! Love the pics and that is a llama- not an alpaca- llamas are bigger and have different ears, llamas are banana shaped- learned it in Atlanta

    ReplyDelete

It's always good to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

share this: